January 13, 2010

Patchie [Spots]

I have this thing with bird of prey - hawks, falcons, eagles - that I can spot them from a mile away. I can't really explain how or why, I just know when I'm driving to work at 65 miles an hour a bald eagle in the middle of a cornfield seems to be carrying a giant cartoon "LOOK AT ME!" sign.

I'm not going to be one of those normal people who crash their car because they can't stop texting in heavy traffic. I'm going to crash my car because I've never seen an American Kestrel, and OH MY GOD HE JUST TOOK OFF WHERE'S MY CAMERA!?

3 comments:

Sweetie said...

Cool!

Uncle Keith said...

Red-tailed Hawk, Awesome!

Kindlekat said...

My mom and I do EXACTLY the same thing. Like you go, "Oh look at that sweet hawk over there!" and the rest of the people in the car are going "What? Where??"