January 5, 2010

Patchie [Crashes]

Yesterday was my first day back to work since Christmas Eve, and The Kid was more than excited to show off all the things Santa brought her for Christmas, including a toy violin that plays music and I am going to steal the batteries out of.

It's been a stressful few weeks for me, trying to finish up on directing a piece for a state festival on the 17th (did I mention I'm doing that? I'm directing. Yay for using my degree!). There's always that last minute scramble to get everything into place, but for some reason I can't get all my ducks in a row with this one like I usually can. It's exhausting. And not at all surprising I woke up with a stress induced migraine this morning when I haven't had one for almost a year.

So I go to pick up The Kid and OH MY GOD WHO FED HER ENERGY FOR BREAKFAST. Kid is craaaazy, bouncing off the walls and literally running laps and playing with that damn violin. She damn near broke the TV trying to respond to Dora. Even the spastic cat was all "kid, you gotta SIT DOWN."

So what's the answer? Take her to the playplace at McDonalds, of course. Let her run her little heart out and let me finish reading my book because for the love of god, my eyes are going to get sucked inside my head by the migraine at any given moment and be kicked to death. Am I the only one who feels that sensation with a migraine? Keith?

So she runs and runs and runs with the running, and all the other kids leave to I take her home and put her in her room with a book and say I am going to check on the laundry and be right back to read her a story. And no lie, less than ten seconds later I come back to find The Kid all spead eagle sprawled out in the above picture, passed OUT. For TWO HOURS. The only thing that would have made it better is if she were face down.

And you know what I did? I sat in the dark room and enjoyed not thinking about everything for awhile. Because I think I need to do that more often.

1 comment:

Uncle Keith said...

The show will come off fine.