December 20, 2009

Patchie [Hibernates]

We wound up with a good 16+ inches here staring Friday night and ending sometime late last night. It literally snowed all day - not something we're lucky enough to experience much here. It was a great opportunity to be stranded at home, not accomplishing anything I had to do but instead knit an entire cowl and realize I do not have enough yarn to finish the last Christmas present on my list. D'oh.

Woke up plenty late to a winter wonderland and several text messages, one from a friend whom I've known since early high school. He was traveling in the blizzard, he wasn't sure if he'd be able to make it all the way home, and he was wondering if he could stop here if needed.
We spent the rest of the day watching movies and taking walks in the snow and eating entirely too many chocolate covered pretzels. I tend to not stay home all day unless I'm forced to, and on those days I thoroughly enjoy it. Yesterday was no exception.

Maybe this'll stick around long enough to have a white Christmas. I haven't had one of those since our winters on the Cape.

1 comment:

Uncle Keith said...

Derek's picture just makes you laugh.