December 28, 2009

Patchie [Discovers]

Wound up having a wonderful Christmas this year, with snow on the ground and surrounded by friends and family. It was a strange year for me and hard to get into the holiday spirit, but a friend and I house hopped Christmas Eve and then settled in for four hours of Star Wars, and for some reason that was the trick - it was Christmas, I was happy, and I was ready.

Christmas day was just as good if not better. Had a wonderful day with my family and spent the evening with theatre friends. The day after Christmas, I found myself sitting at a table in my local bar surrounded by people I played soccer with in like, elementary and middle school who I hadn't seen since then. We've exchanged phone numbers, gotten back in touch, and already are making plans. By a long shot, this was the best reconnection so far this holiday season.

So now we're coming up on the New Year and I've got most of my week off to sit and think about 2009. I had some of the biggest changes of my life. I found myself again. I learned a lot about myself and about life. 2010 is dedicated to taking what I've learned and doing something with it. It's going to be a better year. I can feel it.

No comments: