October 30, 2009

Patchie [Celebrates]

Yesterday I made the trek up to one of our many airports to pick up Nametwin. You know what is a fabulous invention? The Cellphone Lot. As long as you don't leave your car you can hang out and wait until whoever you're picking up calls you and then you zip into Arrivals. Unless said person is waiting at departures. Or gets stuck on the runway for 30 minutes. Then it takes an extra minute or two.

So she gets to my car, jumps into my arms, and we spooned the whole way home because I am that talented of a driver. She spent the whole time going "are you real? You're really real!?" It's fantastic having her home again. We ran errands locally today and cracked our shit up just like we always have. I'm greatly looking forward to this winter.

Also, I feel like I can officially announce it now: I will be stage managing the Hack & Slash Christmas Special. I will be calling my first "pro" show, and I couldn't be more excited. I took the RennFest job to build my resume and to try something different and do something I always wanted to do, and it's already opened more doors than I could have imagined.

Tomorrow is Halloween, and after missing two years I finally get to partake in the annual bash with my theatre family at home. I'm thrilled. This is the first year I'm going as an actual "character" rather than something very generic and oh my God, did you know it's impossible to find a blue wig?! Like, even the wig stores do not have blue wigs. I didn't think it was that strange of a color! I'm still working on that one. And running out of time fast.

Internet, I have been off work since Thursday for various reasons, and I do not go back until Monday. I haven't had two days off in a row since August, and suddenly I'm looking at four. I am not going to know what to do with myself come Sunday. And it'll be great.

No comments: