September 25, 2009

Patchie [Dances]

I've really been missing my college family recently, for some reason. I find myself in the evenings missing having that handful of people to call no matter the time and being able to find someone who is still awake and wanting to curl up and watch a movie or go on a late night adventure. Living the way we lived, constantly being around one another and going through so much as a unit makes you understand each other in a way that I don't think I'll ever experience again. I miss them. I could go for an afternoon hanging on the lawn on campus right about now. I think it'd do my soul good.

I think the best part about all of them, but us girl in particular, was that when we were together and out and enjoying ourselves, nothing else ever mattered. We'd make the biggest asses out of ourselves and laugh the whole time. Sure, people would stare. Comment. Laugh a lot. It was fun. It made the college experience complete.
I think the part that I still can't really believe is that without some serious finagling, we'll never all be in the same place at the same time again. Now we're all spread all over the country... Chrissy and Sara are in California, Jen is in Montana, Eric is in New York State, Micah is in Tennessee, and I'm very fortunate to have Kristen only about 40 minutes from me. A handful of them are still there finishing out their degrees, and I hope to visit soon.

One of my private college goals was to get on stage once before I graduated. The girls, mostly Chrissy, made it possible for me. She choreographed me into a piece with Sara and Jen, and those rehearsals still bring a smile to my face.

People say they want to see me on stage. Well, here you go.


I'm on the far left (stage right) in the very beginning, if you're wondering. Also, I am the only one without any dance experience. Be kind.

No comments: