August 19, 2009

Patchie [Beaches]


Yes, I just turned beach into a verb. Deal with it, Internet.

We had two full days plagued with rain after we got here, and I've hit the beach every day sense with the exception of today (which will be remedied at sunset). We've had record breaking highs this week, and the Cape has an extreme lack of central air. In fact, I got myself pretty overheated yesterday and was stuck in my bedroom with the window unit for a few hours. And then my phone died in a very ungraceful manor, including the keyboard crapping out and the screen going absolutely APESHIT and phantom calling people multiple times in a row. And now I have the enV3. And I heart it.

Anyway. Beach.

One of the coolest things about The Cape is that you can chose the ocean or the bay. From my grandparents house it's only a few miles to each one. You can watch the sun rise and set over major bodies of water. I haven't made a sunrise yet. I'm lazy. And I love sleep.

I also went boogie boarding for the first time in years and I had forgotten how much I loved it. I can spend hours out on the waves. My cousin Brian also taught me how to skim board. Sort of. And I don't mean he sort of taught me. I sort of failed. A lot. And really bruised up my big toe. But I got on it twice and didn't fall down! So I quit while I was ahead. Maybe I'll try again before I leave. It's not as easy as it looks.

I've got one week left until my brother and I head back down south, and then the real world starts for me shortly after, including working 7 days a week for a good two months. But for now? I'm gonna beach it up while I can.

4 comments:

Sweetie said...

Watch that skimboard thing. It's evil.

Had a friend twist his ankle backwards corkscrew-style (there is photographic evidence - wasn't pretty)fiddling around on one of those things.

As you can imagine, he was taken away by ambulance, and well, the rest of his beach trip and summer, not so fun.

Patchie said...

Oh gosh! That really sucks, but it doesn't surprise me. I think I'll stick to things that don't involve me jumping into a thin piece of moving wood.

Uncle Keith said...

Sweetie, Is that the infamous Boo and skim boarding don't mix ankle shattering?

Sweetie said...

UK: The same.